Thread: Vitrified Floor Tiles and Wall Tiles Options in India; Kajaria, Johnson and Nitco

Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Vitrified Floor Tiles and Wall Tiles Options in India; Kajaria, Johnson and Nitco

I am building a house these days and i can share some things which i have noticed during my ongoing work on the house.

I guess other members can share their views and many can also gain from my experiences.

I will talk about the floor tiles for the moment. I have checked different brands which are available in the market.

The tiles are these days manufactured by various companies in India. Also, some dealers are importing tiles from other countries. They are importing tiles from China, Europe and some other nations. These tiles are quite expensive compared to the tiles available from the Indian manufacturers. Also, the tiles from China are in the range of Rs 100 - 150 per sq feet.

There are vitrified tiles, some of which are with digital printing. These tiles are very robust and can bear lot of footfalls. They won't lose their shine over time. They are easy to put and are having very good designs. The price i got was depending on the size of the tile. However, i will share a few prices which i have been quotes.

Kajaria Tiles - Best Quality for Rs 85 per sq ft. Second quality for Rs 65 per sq feet. - These are digital tiles and they are in different designs. They are really good. I would prefer them compared to any other company.

Johnson Tiles - Vitrified tiles in the range of Rs 55 - 110 per sq feet. They also have very expensive tiles in Marbonite range, which are with Italian marble design in the range of Rs 180 per square feet. Johnson has good quality in higher range. In the lower range, the designs aren't very amazing.

Nitco Tiles - They are having a wide range. Tiles from Nitco come from Rs 40 - 150 per sq ft. The cost also depends on the size of each tile.

RAK Ceramics is also having good tiles in range of Rs 70 - 90 per sq ft.

There are many companies, which aren't very good in brand value at the moment. These tiles are coming from Gujarat. I am not very sure about their quality. But, they price ranges from Rs 45 - 110 per sq ft. The Chinese tiles are also coming from different brands.

Other than the price of the tiles, one has to also pay around Rs 10 - 15 for laying down the tiles. The cost of material used as adhesive or cement (if you prefer that), will be around Rs 10 - 15 per sq ft.

I hope that members here will find my post useful. These are my personal experiences and i will keep on sharing as i buy more products. I will also appreciate feedback of other members.

thanks for sharing your views about vitrified tiles.

people have started using them more and more compared to marble and granite. Marble has wide range in terms of quality and pricing, while Tiles are available in various designs and price range is affordable as well.

Digital tiles have come as a major revolution in tiles. With digital tiles, the designs are much better. These tiles aren't that expensive at a price range of Rs 70 - 110 per sq feet. Additionally, the tiles at this price are robust compared to marble.

I have noticed that people are using tiles now for bathrooms, flooring, walls and kitchen.

Kajaria has good quality tiles. I have seen tiles from RAK India as well.

thanks Jatin for sharing your story. Tiles are much in use these days.

People are using them as they are robust and easy to clean compared to marble or granite.

There are lot of options available in tiles. The designs are very good. The long term maintenance is easy and doesn't require too much of money. I have noticed lot of my friends to change their old flooring with new tiles. Johnson is having very good designs for tiles, but the price is on the higher side.

Hi Jatin,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope to get more from you.

I'm currently planning to stick tiles on the walls as our building has a huge problem of leakage. I have few general questions for all:

1. These digital tiles (for walls) shine too much. Do they look good on the walls of bedrooms?
    2. Or is it good to have mat-finish tiles that do not shine? But then do these mat-finish tiles get dirty easily?
    3. Where can I see all tiles ranges from Kajaria, Johnson and Nitco online?

Thanks all for your time. Hope to receive some useful information.

Thanks Jatin for a good summary on the floor tiles.

In which city are you constructing your house?

I am also constricting my house in Gurgaon and currently in process of selecting tile retailers. I have decided to go for double charge verified tiles as they are more long lasting.

On the cost effective front I have heard that there are people who sell a little undersized tiles at cheaper rates, somewhere starting at 18Rs/Sqft. They basically buy company seconds, with deformed edges (at a cheap per tone rate) and cut them into a perfect rectangular size. Do you have any idea about them?

Thanks Jatin for a good summary on the floor tiles.

In which city are you constructing your house?

I am also constricting my house in Gurgaon and currently in process of selecting tile retailers. I have decided to go for double charge verified tiles as they are more long lasting.

On the cost effective front I have heard that there are people who sell a little undersized tiles at cheaper rates, somewhere starting at 18Rs/Sqft. They basically buy company seconds, with deformed edges (at a cheap per tone rate) and cut them into a perfect rectangular size. Do you have any idea about them?

i would like to add here. If someone is putting new flooring, you should spend little bit more and buy 3-4 packs extra of tiles. In case, you have to make some small repair in say 4-5 years, you will have spare tiles to replace.

It will very difficult to get the same design tiles after even one year. So, be careful and keep little extra tiles, which can come handy, if you do some repair. Sometimes, even some tiles can get chipped, due to bad placement or any other reasons. So, you would be happy if you have few extra to replace the tiles.

In my town Khajaria is not avilable so I gone to somany tiles. I felt they are good. Please give more insight regarding somany. The problem with sellers they are not properly inform the price, quality, durability etc., any way I booked for somany.. Whether the rate will be mentioned in the boxes.. How we can judge the quality of tiles - is it possible to say by its surface. I am little bit apprehensive.